Inviting a Mess for Christmas
Luke 2 Pastor Todd Harker
December 10, 2017
Ps 149:4 “For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.”
Who is invited to your Christmas celebration? Is it family and close friends? Are co-workers and church members? Or, do you invite homeless people and transients? Are criminals and down and outers extended an invitation? You will find the invites for the first Christmas are the latter and not the former. God did this for a reason. He does it for you and me and there are many lessons to be learned.
- Who were the Isolated Hill Dwellers?
- Work treated them ______________
- People treated them as ______________
- Religion treated them with _____________
- God treated them with _______________
- Why were the Isolated Hill Dwellers invited?
- God knew the _____________ would harm Jesus – Matt. 2
- God knew the ______________ would reject Jesus – John 7:1; 11:53
- God knew the ______________ would accept Jesus – Luke 2
- What we learn from the Isolated Hill Dwellers!
- When God calls us to do something, that something should be our only ______________
- Compared to following the Lord, all other plans are _____________
- Their response to God’s leading should be our response – ________________
- When we follow God’s leading it ___________ our lives for the best
- It impacts our ___________, or _________ and our __________
Have yourself a Messy Little Christmas this Year!!!