Fortifying Your Foundation…El Gibbor, The Coronation (2)
Revelation 19:11-16 Pastor Todd Harker
November 10, 2019
Rev. 19:15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.
In Psalm 24, David asks the question, “Who is the King of glory?” Today we answer his question with great certainty. The answer is found in the Lord Jesus Christ. He was born in a barn, raised as a carpenter, died on a cross and buried in a borrowed tomb. He certainly doesn’t fit the mold to be a conquering king. However, after today, as Paul Harvey would say, “Now you know the rest of the story.”
When Jesus presents Himself the Second time to the world….
- He comes as our _PERFECT____ mighty warrior – 2 Sam. 23
- He comes as our ANTICIPATED El Gibbor – Isa. 9:6; Psa. 22-24
- He comes riding a ____________ not a donkey – Matt. 21:1-11
- He comes as a promise __________ not maker – Matt. 24:27-31
- He comes wearing a crown of __________ not a crown of thorns
- He comes with a glorious ____________________ not by Himself
- He comes revealing His eternal ________ not His earthly humility
- He comes to ________ righteously not follow another’s authority
BEHOLD YOUR EL GIBBOR – MIGHTY GOD