Fortifying Your Foundation…El Haggadol, The Great God
Deuteronomy 10:12-22 Pastor Todd Harker
March 31, 2019
Deut 10:17 “For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.”
The nation had already failed God when they quarreled and tested Him at Meribah and Massah. They rejected God on the doorstep of the Promise Land. It was so bad God could have destroyed them. Thankfully He did not. In Deuteronomy this morning we learn of God’s grace given once again to a stiff-necked people. His words to them can equally be applied for us this morning.
- What does the Great God desire?
- To fear Him – Not as a brutal ______________ but a loving ____________
- To walk with Him – In contrast to walking in our own ways or the ways of the people in the ___________ around us
- To love Him – To ______________ to Him as a father and friend
- To serve Him – Giving everything to Him with every ____________ of our being
- To keep His commandments – Doing good God’s way is the best thing we can do for ________________
- Why does the Great God deserve this?
- Because He is Ancient of Days – the _______________ over the Nations
- Because He is El Elyon – The Overseer of every ______________
- Because He is El De’Ot – The One who _____________ it all
- Because He is El Emet – The One who is ______________ truth