Matt 28:8 “So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.”
Christ is Risen!!! He is Risen Indeed!!!
There is no greater proof of the resurrection than what is found in the change of perspectives by the people closest to Jesus. It is this change that inspires us to greater joy in the reality of the resurrection.
Their Perspective without the Reality of the Resurrection
1) The women appeared _____________ and _______________ – John 20:1-18; Matt. 28:1-10
2) The men walked with _________ and _________ – Lk. 24:13-35
3) The disciples were __________ and ___________ – John 20:3-9
4) The disciple, Thomas, was ____________ and ___________ – John 20:24-32
Their Perspective after the REALITY of the RESURRECTION
1) The women went from disheartened to _________________
2) The men turned from gloom to _____________
3) The disciples changed from confused to ________________
4) The disciple, Thomas, transformed from doubtful to _____________
If I fail to believe in the reality of the Resurrection, it decisively impacts my joy.