Reckless Abandon – Following Jesus Through the Gospels – The What
2 Corinthians 5:21 Pastor Todd Harker
May 13, 2018
2 Cor. 5:21 “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
We learned about the Who we are following. He is the same today as He was when He lived on earth over 2000 years ago. We have also learned about Where we are following Him. Each person’s path is as unique as their own fingerprints. This morning we are learning about the What. The What answers the question about What is truly involved when I follow Jesus. The Scriptures give us four important ingredients involved when I follow Jesus.
- _CONVERSION_ – Jesus takes our wickedness and replaces it with His righteousness – 2 Cor. 5:16-21
- It has no bearing on family _HERITAGE_
- It has no bearing on a welcoming ___DISPOSITION_
- It has no bearing on congregational _CONNECTION_
- It has everything to do with a personal _RESPONSE_
- _TRANSFORMATION__ – Jesus takes our purpose for living and changes it to His purpose for living – John 21:15-19
- _DEVOTION_ – Jesus takes the priority of our lives and makes Himself the priority of our lives – Phil. 1:18-26
- True discipleship ends with becoming a fully _DEVOTED__ follower of Jesus Christ
- __REPRODUCTION__ – Jesus takes our lives and calls us to offer change in other’s lives – Matt. 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8
- The mark of a follower of Jesus is when you look around there is a trail of believers that have come to Christ because of your _INFLUENCE_.