A Season of Hope…Hope is an Event (3)
Selected Passages Pastor Todd Harker
October 14, 2018
1 Thess 4:18 “Therefore comfort one another with these words.”
Man, if fortunate, lives 70 to 80 good years. Paul understands this and gives instruction concerning what comes next – man’s glorious resurrection. For those still alive in Christ, they experience the Rapture. Both events can happen at any time as we shared last week. Because it hasn’t happened yet, believers are to wait expectantly while living for Him. Today we will discuss four things we are to be doing until we die or fly.
- Against the reality of ________ we are to be ____________________ – 1 Thess:4:13ff
- Parakaleo – to come along side to encourage and alleviate __________
- Against the reality of _________ we are to ______________ the time – Eph. 5:15ff
- Exagorazo – to rescue or ______________ our time from waste; to improve it for great and important purposes.
- Against the reality of __________ we are to _________ him – 1 Pt. 5:5ff
- Resist – in all ___________; in every _________
- Against the reality of His ____________ we are to be _____________ – 1 John 2:28-3:3
- Parreesian – it means the kind of boldness, or calm assurance, which arises from evidence of piety, and of preparation for ______________.